Your pet is going home with a Fentanyl Transdermal Patch. This patch contains a potent pain-relieving drug which will be slowly absorbed through the skin and make your pet more comfortable for 3 to 5 days.
It is important to know that this drug has different effects in people than in dogs and cats. The side effects of this drug in people include respiratory depression (inability to breathe), which can result in serious illness or death. Therefore, we urge you to keep your pet away from children until the patch is removed and disposed of properly.
1. Wear rubber gloves; Do Not handle the patch with your bare hands.
2. Immediately fold the patch so that the adhesive side of the patch adheres to itself. The patch should then be flushed down the toilet immediately upon removal.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Do not expose the patch site to direct external heat sources such as heating pads, electric blankets, heat lamps, heated waterbeds, fireplaces, etc. Heat around the patch may increase the amount of drug that your pet receives and could be harmful or fatal.
MORE INFORMATION: Pet Poison Helpline: 800 213-6680